We get a lot of questions on the need for the stainless steel ball that is included with your Sugar Shaker Nectar Maker (R). Basically that ball is used to break up the sugar particles so they can mix with the cold water.
So here are the simple steps when using the Sugar Shaker Nectar Maker (R):
- After you add the sugar to the sugar line and the cold water to the water line place the stainless steel ball into the shaker.
- Screw the top on the shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
- Fill your hummingbird feeders.
- Place any remaining nectar solution in the Sugar Shaker Nectar Maker into the refrigerator with the stainless steel ball still in the solution.
- When all nectar is finally consumed. Place the shaker, the lid (with the reminder tag attached), and the stainless steel ball into the dishwater.
Here’s a quick video we did on this exact subject: